Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Why wont it accept my wifes 2016 AGI? I have logged in to her turbo tax account and saw the AGI number and I have inputted that same # twice and it keeps rejecting it.

We filed separately last year due to her still being active duty. This year Its our first time filing together but keeps rejecting it. She did not work this year which is the reason we are filing jointly.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
jbeasley2

Why wont it accept my wifes 2016 AGI? I have logged in to her turbo tax account and saw the AGI number and I have inputted that same # twice and it keeps rejecting it.

If your return is rejecting for incorrect AGI but you think you have the right number, you may want to get a copy from the IRS to see what they have on file.  If you still can't e-file, you can still file your return in TurboTax by making it a paper return and mailing it in.

You can  get free transcripts of your federal return from the IRS - Get Transcript

You can order a copy of your return from the IRS you may using this form for a  $50.00 fee

Request for Copy of Tax Return

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3300702

View solution in original post

1 Reply
jbeasley2

If your return is rejecting for incorrect AGI but you think you have the right number, you may want to get a copy from the IRS to see what they have on file.  If you still can't e-file, you can still file your return in TurboTax by making it a paper return and mailing it in.

You can  get free transcripts of your federal return from the IRS - Get Transcript

You can order a copy of your return from the IRS you may using this form for a  $50.00 fee

Request for Copy of Tax Return

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3300702

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies