turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ryry207

I added my w2s to turbotax. I add my last w2 and my federal goes from 700 or so to -96. I noticed line 17 shows nothing on 2 of my w2's. Is this the reason?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I added my w2s to turbotax. I add my last w2 and my federal goes from 700 or so to -96. I noticed line 17 shows nothing on 2 of my w2's. Is this the reason?

That's not the reason.  The reason is that taxes are computed on the entire years income, not per W2.  

So had you entered the second W2 first, you would have seen a different refund at first, but then once you entered the other youd be back to the -96 again.

If you took both W2s and combined them into a single W2, youd only ever see the -96 amount due.
♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

3 Replies

That's not the reason.  The reason is that taxes are computed on the entire years income, not per W2.  

So had you entered the second W2 first, you would have seen a different refund at first, but then once you entered the other youd be back to the -96 again.

If you took both W2s and combined them into a single W2, youd only ever see the -96 amount due.
ryry207

two of my works w2's are stating i didn't pay any state income tax which i know i have so were confused why they never put it on the w2

If your paycheck stubs show that they had been withholding state income tax and your W2 shows nothing, you need to speak with your employer about a corrected W2.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies