turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

MY HUSBAND WORK FOR A COMPANY AND RECEIVED A 1099-MISC NOW I AM STUCK ON THE SCHEDULE C PAGE HELP ME PLEASE

HOW DO I GET OFF OF THE SCHEDULE C PAGE?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Anita01

MY HUSBAND WORK FOR A COMPANY AND RECEIVED A 1099-MISC NOW I AM STUCK ON THE SCHEDULE C PAGE HELP ME PLEASE

If your husband received this 1099-MISC for work he did in 2017, then you need to report this as Self-Employment income on Schedule C.  the IRS considers this as meaning he is self-employed, selling his services to the company he worked for.  By reporting the income on a Schedule C, the income will cause the program to generate the Self-Employment tax he needs to pay.  That's social security and medicare tax he owes since the company did not take out those taxes from his pay.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
ToddL

What was the Form 1099-MISC for? Reimbursement for expenses or for work he did? Or something else?
Anita01

If your husband received this 1099-MISC for work he did in 2017, then you need to report this as Self-Employment income on Schedule C.  the IRS considers this as meaning he is self-employed, selling his services to the company he worked for.  By reporting the income on a Schedule C, the income will cause the program to generate the Self-Employment tax he needs to pay.  That's social security and medicare tax he owes since the company did not take out those taxes from his pay.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies