brittanymcnett

My state license doesn't have an issue date, what do i do.

SalR

If your driver's license is not being accepted when you enter the information exactly how it's provided on your driver's license, you have the option to leave this information blank, and file your tax return without this identifying information.

It might be helpful to know that your driver's license number is actually not required to file your federal taxes, nor is it required to file your State tax return in most states. If your State issued ID or driver's license is not being accepted, you can leave the driver's license/state ID information blank, and still file your return.

Two states, Illinois and Alabama, do require a driver's license to file a state return.

For additional information, you can view the IRS information on New Security Safeguards. The two following paragraphs taken from that website are specific to your situation:

Do I need a driver’s license number to file a return?

You do not need a driver’s license number to file a federal return. Some states may request your driver’s license number for state tax returns because they have the ability to match state records and help confirm your identity. This is one more layer of protection against identity thieves. State tax software will prompt you for your driver’s license number if it is requested by the state. You also can review  state revenue department websites  for information.

Why am I being asked for my driver’s license number?

In an effort to better protect you from identity thieves, some states will be trying new approaches. Some states may ask for additional identification information, such as your driver’s license number, when you are preparing your state tax return. This will be another layer of protection because identity thieves may already have your name and Social Security number, but perhaps not your driver’s license number. States requesting this information have the ability to match driver’s license information and other identifying records to help confirm your identity. You do not need a driver’s license number to file your federal tax return.

mindysm-

it wont't let me proceed to efile without entering the information. How do you bypass the page?
lee995

I'm having the same problem. I list no issue date but it keeps coning back and asking me for one before proceeding.
mindysm-

To Bypass the ID page clear out the State and leave it blank!(top option when you click to enter the state info).Clear out ALL information and then it will let you continue!!
marymclemore13

I cannot efile without a dl or id

JohnW222

A Driver's license number or state identification information isn't necessary for your federal return.

However, without this information, the processing of your state tax return may be delayed, in certain states, and some states may not allow you to e-file without it.

Please see the TurboTax Help article Why are you asking for my driver’s license or state ID?for more information., and the articles "How do I print and mail my return in TurboTax Online?" or How do I print and mail a return in the TurboTax for Windows CD/Download software?as appropriate for guidance in paper-filing your return.

Kingchipperachi773

How do i proceed this the question i got how do i continue if i dont have either driver's licenses or state id

Cass0317

@Kingchipperachi773 On the screen that asks for his driver's license or state ID, if there is an option under Type of ID that says "Do not have either a license or state ID," select that option. Otherwise, make no entries on that screen. Just click continue and ignore the message on the next screen that says "Need to enter your driver's license or state ID." Then just continue with the filing process.

"Level 15 rjs"

Please also review the TurboTax FAQ below:

Why are you asking for my driver’s license or state ID?

Ashnicole8707

Can I go somewhere else and file I've been with H n R block 9yrs my license isn't technically 180 days past due and they won't accept it and the dmv is so backed up I didn't get an appt until may 19th I need my money plus last year the tax pro online forgot to add my daughter as a dependent so they owe me money last year and from every stimulus check what can I do to get my money now I can't wait another month 

@Ashnicole8707 Did you read the reply that is directly above your own post in this thread?   You do not HAVE to enter a drivers license in order to e-file your federal return--it just adds more security.  But you can skip entering a license.   

You added to someone else's thread so we cannot tell if you have even tried to use TurboTax---but you can use whatever software program you want to.  

If your tax preparer made a mistake on your 2019 return you need to contact the preparer and have that preparer amend your return.

For 2020----if you have not received any of the stimulus checks you can use the recovery rebate credit to get the 1st and/or 2nd EIP payments.   The 3rd check is not part of your 2020 return--the IRS issues it separately on its own timetable.

The stimulus check is an advance on a credit you can receive on your 2020 tax return.  If something went wrong or you did not get the stimulus check in 2020, you can get it when you file your 2020 return in early 2021

The Recovery Rebate Credit will be found in the FEDERAL REVIEW section. ( you should see "Let's make sure you got the right stimulus amount”)  If you are eligible it will end up on line 30 of your 2020 Form 1040.

Make sure that you enter ALL of the stimulus money received for the 1st and 2nd stimulus for yourself, your spouse and your children.

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/economic-impact-payment-information-center-topic-j-reconciling-on-your-...

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901539-how-do-i-preview-my-turbotax-online-return-before-filing

Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the screen. Click on Tools. Click on View Tax Summary. Click on Preview my 1040 on the left side of the screen.