turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

rlthayne

Why doesnt my 2015 tax return come up it says no match found

My other returns show up but not 2015. I have the 2015 on my computer and it shows it was done through Turbo Tax. Why doesn't it show on your website?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

If you used the CD/download version to complete the 2015 return, it will only be saved on your computer if you saved a copy. There is not a copy saved in TurboTax online when you use the desktop product. 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3301414

And yes, if you have it saved on your computer as a tax data file, you can upload it into your online return that you have started. 

You can use steps here below to help you transfer the saved 2015 file into the new account that you create for them online:

You can transfer last year's tax data file (*.tax2015, not a PDF) if you're preparing your 2016 return in TurboTax Online Deluxe, Premier, or Self-Employed/Home & Business.

Note: If you already started your 2016 return in TurboTax Online, transferring will clear any info you have already entered.

Here's how to transfer:
  • Sign in to TurboTax Online and then click the orange Take me to my return button.
  • Make sure you've gone past the blue "simple and accurate" screen before continuing to the next step.
  • Then select the My Account drop-down menu in the upper right, and then select Tools.
  • In the pop-up window, select Transfer last year's TurboTax return from your computer.
Follow the on-screen instructions to finish transferring your file. 

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Did you prepare the 2015 return in TurboTax online or using the CD/download version?
rlthayne

I think I did use a CD. Is is possible to pull my return off my computer into this year's return?

Okay, see my answer below. Let me know if that helps!
rlthayne

That worked perfectly! Thank you so much. You have saved me a lot of work. You deserve some chocolate!

You are welcome!

If you used the CD/download version to complete the 2015 return, it will only be saved on your computer if you saved a copy. There is not a copy saved in TurboTax online when you use the desktop product. 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3301414

And yes, if you have it saved on your computer as a tax data file, you can upload it into your online return that you have started. 

You can use steps here below to help you transfer the saved 2015 file into the new account that you create for them online:

You can transfer last year's tax data file (*.tax2015, not a PDF) if you're preparing your 2016 return in TurboTax Online Deluxe, Premier, or Self-Employed/Home & Business.

Note: If you already started your 2016 return in TurboTax Online, transferring will clear any info you have already entered.

Here's how to transfer:
  • Sign in to TurboTax Online and then click the orange Take me to my return button.
  • Make sure you've gone past the blue "simple and accurate" screen before continuing to the next step.
  • Then select the My Account drop-down menu in the upper right, and then select Tools.
  • In the pop-up window, select Transfer last year's TurboTax return from your computer.
Follow the on-screen instructions to finish transferring your file. 
Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies