Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

memckenna

Hello, I am trying to find where to deduct Uber and Lyft service fees, but it doesn't appear I can do this without upgrading to Self Employed.

I have very minimal miles driven for 2016 for both Lyft and Uber.  Is there another way to enter this without upgrading?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DawnC0
Intuit Alumni

Hello, I am trying to find where to deduct Uber and Lyft service fees, but it doesn't appear I can do this without upgrading to Self Employed.

If you use the desktop version of TurboTax, you can use 'Forms Mode' and manually enter your self-employment expenses, including your Uber and Lyft fees.  

However, if you are using TurboTax Online, you cannot enter any business expenses unless you upgrade to Self-Employed.  Deluxe and Premier will only allow for the self-employment income.  

View solution in original post

1 Reply
DawnC0
Intuit Alumni

If you use the desktop version of TurboTax, you can use 'Forms Mode' and manually enter your self-employment expenses, including your Uber and Lyft fees.  

However, if you are using TurboTax Online, you cannot enter any business expenses unless you upgrade to Self-Employed.  Deluxe and Premier will only allow for the self-employment income.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies