turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

kywomen

If I have not received my 1099 by now 3/11/2017. Can I file my taxes without it? I have the w2 for my other job.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Anita01

If I have not received my 1099 by now 3/11/2017. Can I file my taxes without it? I have the w2 for my other job.

If you mean you have not received a 1099-MISC, it's perfectly ok to file without it.  Companies don't even have to send you one if they paid you less than $600.  In the case of contract or self-employment income, you are always expected to report your income based on your own records, not just on what was on the 1099-MISC, so it's not at all unusual to not have one.  Remember, even if the company is not required to send you a 1099, you are still required to report the income.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
PaulaM
Expert Alumni

What kind of 1099 form?
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Anita01

If you mean you have not received a 1099-MISC, it's perfectly ok to file without it.  Companies don't even have to send you one if they paid you less than $600.  In the case of contract or self-employment income, you are always expected to report your income based on your own records, not just on what was on the 1099-MISC, so it's not at all unusual to not have one.  Remember, even if the company is not required to send you a 1099, you are still required to report the income.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies