turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

trekiyahg

Can i claim my Parent as a dependent even though we live in someone else's household?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Anita01

Can i claim my Parent as a dependent even though we live in someone else's household?

If you live together in someone else's household, then it is unlikely that you provided more than 1/2 that parent's support for the year, unless you paid rent for the two of you to the person providing the household.  If you did pay rent to them, please come back with more info about where you were living.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Anita01

If you live together in someone else's household, then it is unlikely that you provided more than 1/2 that parent's support for the year, unless you paid rent for the two of you to the person providing the household.  If you did pay rent to them, please come back with more info about where you were living.

trekiyahg

I do not pay rent for the both of us we live with my Parent's Mother and we have an agreement that my household responsibility is to provide food, clothing, transportation , and if she gets sick and need medicine i do help pay her co-pays when she go to clinics and pay for medicine.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies