• Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jrht21

How do i change my address?

when originally asked my address i forgot to delete my old apartment number.
1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
ShawnaD

If you haven't filed your tax return, you can change your address using these instructions:

• On the Tax Timeline, select "Personal Info"
  • Scroll down to your mailing address and click "Edit"
  • Make any changes needed. 

If you have already filed your tax return, see the information below on things you can do at this point:

• You may call the IRS at 1-800-829-1040 Monday through Friday 7:00a.m through 7:00p.m and let them know what happened.

• In the event your tax return is rejected, you may edit the mailing address while correcting other issues with the return.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
ShawnaD

If you haven't filed your tax return, you can change your address using these instructions:

If you have already filed your tax return, see the information below on things you can do at this point:

• You may call the IRS at 1-800-829-1040 Monday through Friday 7:00a.m through 7:00p.m and let them know what happened.

• In the event your tax return is rejected, you may edit the mailing address while correcting other issues with the return.
barbba82

I need to update an change my address an number 

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

If you haven't filed your tax return, you can change your address using these instructions:

If you have already filed your tax return, see the information below on things you can do at this point:

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Privacy Settings
v