turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I am being charged self-employment fee since I filed that way last year but this year I am. Why am I still being charged the fee?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

I am being charged self-employment fee since I filed that way last year but this year I am. Why am I still being charged the fee?

If you have used self-employed in a prior year, Turbo Tax will start off with what you used last. 

If you feel you no longer need the self-employed option, you would need to clear your return and start from scratch. 

In order to clear your return and start from scratch, please follow the instructions below. 

Please note you cannot clear your return and start from scratch if you have registered your account, paid your fees, or chosen to have your fees deducted from your refund. 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/4248526

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

1 Reply
CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

If you have used self-employed in a prior year, Turbo Tax will start off with what you used last. 

If you feel you no longer need the self-employed option, you would need to clear your return and start from scratch. 

In order to clear your return and start from scratch, please follow the instructions below. 

Please note you cannot clear your return and start from scratch if you have registered your account, paid your fees, or chosen to have your fees deducted from your refund. 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/4248526

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies