turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I recieved a 1099-misc for being a delegate to a convention, and it was to cover the expenses and lost wages, where do i enter the expenses?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
MichaelDC

I recieved a 1099-misc for being a delegate to a convention, and it was to cover the expenses and lost wages, where do i enter the expenses?

If you have "Non-employee compensation" (Box 7 of a 1099-MISC), according to the IRS it is considered income from self-employment. You are considered to have a self-employed "business" and you are the "owner".  TurboTax will help you report it as Business Income on a Schedule C or C-EZ.  

To enter your home office, vehicle mileage, supplies and other common business expenses:

• Type “Schedule C” in the Search box.
  • Select the “Jump to” link.
  • Select Add expenses for this work (or Edit and navigate down to Business Expenses).

Remember to enter 1099-MISC, 1099-K, cash, and personal check income from your self-employment before you associate any expenses with your business.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/5559255

View solution in original post

1 Reply
MichaelDC

If you have "Non-employee compensation" (Box 7 of a 1099-MISC), according to the IRS it is considered income from self-employment. You are considered to have a self-employed "business" and you are the "owner".  TurboTax will help you report it as Business Income on a Schedule C or C-EZ.  

To enter your home office, vehicle mileage, supplies and other common business expenses:

• Type “Schedule C” in the Search box.
  • Select the “Jump to” link.
  • Select Add expenses for this work (or Edit and navigate down to Business Expenses).

Remember to enter 1099-MISC, 1099-K, cash, and personal check income from your self-employment before you associate any expenses with your business.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/5559255

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies