turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I have been selling my art products thru PayPal.com, is not to much money but I know I have to pay taxes. How do I do it? Where I add those earns?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I have been selling my art products thru PayPal.com, is not to much money but I know I have to pay taxes. How do I do it? Where I add those earns?

If you have been selling products as a business, then you will enter your income and any associated expenses such as PayPal fees on a Schedule C.  You may or may not receive a Form such as a 1099K from Paypal, but either way you can enter your self-employed income/expenses for Schedule C by following the instructions below -

• Log into your account and click Take Me To My Return (you must click this before searching if you are not already in your account)
  • Type “Schedule C" in the search box, top right of your screen, then click the magnifying glass
  • Click the "jump to schedule c" link in the search results.
  • You will arrive at the Your Business summary page where you can add a business (selling your art products)
  • Follow the onscreen instructions to enter your business income and expenses

View solution in original post

1 Reply

If you have been selling products as a business, then you will enter your income and any associated expenses such as PayPal fees on a Schedule C.  You may or may not receive a Form such as a 1099K from Paypal, but either way you can enter your self-employed income/expenses for Schedule C by following the instructions below -

• Log into your account and click Take Me To My Return (you must click this before searching if you are not already in your account)
  • Type “Schedule C" in the search box, top right of your screen, then click the magnifying glass
  • Click the "jump to schedule c" link in the search results.
  • You will arrive at the Your Business summary page where you can add a business (selling your art products)
  • Follow the onscreen instructions to enter your business income and expenses
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies