Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I efiled via mobile app (both fed and state have been accepted) but I rcvd a message to print and mail something. Now I can't determine what needed to be mailed. Help!!!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DawnC0
Intuit Alumni

I efiled via mobile app (both fed and state have been accepted) but I rcvd a message to print and mail something. Now I can't determine what needed to be mailed. Help!!!

If your return has been 'accepted' by both federal and state, there is nothing you need to mail in at this time.  If the IRS or your state needs any other information, you will receive a letter by mail.  

If you have supporting documents or attachments for certain transactions, you will need to mail those in within 3 days of filing.   TurboTax will print out instructions with your tax returns.

Form 8453 

[Edited 3/11/2020 | 11:18 pm]

View solution in original post

6 Replies
DawnC0
Intuit Alumni

If your return has been 'accepted' by both federal and state, there is nothing you need to mail in at this time.  If the IRS or your state needs any other information, you will receive a letter by mail.  

If you have supporting documents or attachments for certain transactions, you will need to mail those in within 3 days of filing.   TurboTax will print out instructions with your tax returns.

Form 8453 

[Edited 3/11/2020 | 11:18 pm]

Ok I did further research on the IRS site. If you have a check next to any boxes on form 8453, you must mail form 8453 and ONLY the form(s) checked off on the list. This applies regardless of whether your federal and state taxes were accepted. Certain forms must still be mailed to the IRS.
DawnC0
Intuit Alumni

True; Form 8453 must be mailed with the supporting details.   What do you show marked on your form 8453?

Form 8949
DawnC0
Intuit Alumni

The Form 8453 will print with the needed attachments (8949, 3115, 8865, etc..) with instructions on where to mail.  If you are filing your tax return using an online provider, mail Form 8453 to the IRS within 3 business days after you have received acknowledgement that the IRS has accepted your electronically filed tax return.  

Form 8453

Thanks for the follow up!
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies