turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

xplorer10

Why a 50% increase in the basic software cost?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

8 Replies

The price on the TT website is  the same as last year ...  <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/cd-download/">https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/...>

Or did you buy the program from a reputable reseller like Amazon for less last year ?

Or did they have an early season discount last year for $19.99?  You may wish to wait until the program is out for the discounted early season price.  Personally I would never pre order the program since there are better prices in the stores & online later.
xplorer10

Last year was $19.99 plus tax. This year $29.99 plus tax from Intuit. Checked my Intuit account to verify

What was the date on your invoice when you bought it last year?   As Critter suggested above wait a while, and it may drop.  Prices are lower in early season historically.  I suspect there will be discounts in the CD/download products once online TurboTax opens up the first week of December.

Also be aware, as you may know from your last year product, the Basic Edition does not include a state program, and cannot import from ItsDeductible.
xplorer10

Last years order was dated 11/08/2015, this years is 11/04/2016. Mine has been $19.99 for the past several years. Until now.
xplorer10

Don't need a state program in the State of Washington

If you have already paid then you will need to contact TT support to discuss this further ... if not simply wait. 

See this TurboTax support FAQ for a contact link and hours of operation -https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899263-what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number

To contact TurboTax customer service/support use their contact website during business hours.  If the problem concerns any type of refund for fees, use the key words billing issues and do Not use the word Refund or you will get a phone number for tax refunds.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies