turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Can I fix my 2018 taxes

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Rachel_W
Expert Alumni

Can I fix my 2018 taxes

If you have already filed, you will need to wait and see if the IRS Accepts or Rejects your Tax Return. 

• If the IRS Rejects your return, you will be able to make any needed changes and then resubmit your return. 
  • If the IRS Accepts your return, then you will need to wait until the IRS fully processes your return and you receive your refund. Then you will need to Amend your Tax Return by filing Form 1040-X. You can click here for instructions on Amending your tax return: How to Change a Tax Return You Already Filed.

[Keep in mind, the IRS has been processing some test returns, but they don't "officially" start processing returns until January 28, 2019.  Also, Form 1040-X won't be available until the end of January.]

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Rachel_W
Expert Alumni

Can I fix my 2018 taxes

If you have already filed, you will need to wait and see if the IRS Accepts or Rejects your Tax Return. 

• If the IRS Rejects your return, you will be able to make any needed changes and then resubmit your return. 
  • If the IRS Accepts your return, then you will need to wait until the IRS fully processes your return and you receive your refund. Then you will need to Amend your Tax Return by filing Form 1040-X. You can click here for instructions on Amending your tax return: How to Change a Tax Return You Already Filed.

[Keep in mind, the IRS has been processing some test returns, but they don't "officially" start processing returns until January 28, 2019.  Also, Form 1040-X won't be available until the end of January.]

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies