Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

lundaddy

I am trying to take the election to change my business assets under 2500 to count as expenses. Each time I get into the screen to select that it kick me back to mainmenu

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I am trying to take the election to change my business assets under 2500 to count as expenses. Each time I get into the screen to select that it kick me back to mainmenu

If you entered an asset in a previous year (2015 or earlier) that cost less than $2500, you can not change it now and take the election this year.

If you are entering an asset in 2016 that cost less than $2500 and you take the election, TurboTax takes you back to the main business page so you can enter it manually yourself in the Other Miscellaneous Expenses section. If you are filing a schedule C, find Other Common Business Expenses, then Other Miscellaneous Expenses.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

If you entered an asset in a previous year (2015 or earlier) that cost less than $2500, you can not change it now and take the election this year.

If you are entering an asset in 2016 that cost less than $2500 and you take the election, TurboTax takes you back to the main business page so you can enter it manually yourself in the Other Miscellaneous Expenses section. If you are filing a schedule C, find Other Common Business Expenses, then Other Miscellaneous Expenses.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies