Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

smickelsb

My state returned printed 3 payment vouchers with partial amounts and a fourth with full amount. Which do I use?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
ChristieB

My state returned printed 3 payment vouchers with partial amounts and a fourth with full amount. Which do I use?

If you didn't withhold or pay enough for your 2018 tax year, TurboTax will automatically print those out to help you plan for next year. You're correct, you don't have to use them if you don't want to, but depending on your unique tax situation you might need to pay estimated taxes in order to avoid a possible penalty at the end of the year (self-employment, etc). 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3301872

View solution in original post

3 Replies
ChristieB

Do they have different due dates on the individual vouchers?
smickelsb

yes, I believe they are estimated taxes dates are  April 15, 2019, June 17 2019, January 15, 2020.  The voucher with the full amount is what i actually owe on my 2018 taxes.  I don't have to pay estimated taxes if i don't want to correct? Just what i actually owe for this year.
ChristieB

If you didn't withhold or pay enough for your 2018 tax year, TurboTax will automatically print those out to help you plan for next year. You're correct, you don't have to use them if you don't want to, but depending on your unique tax situation you might need to pay estimated taxes in order to avoid a possible penalty at the end of the year (self-employment, etc). 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3301872

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies