turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Turbo Tax is stating that we are filing as self-employed, which is not the case. How can I change this?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Anita01

Turbo Tax is stating that we are filing as self-employed, which is not the case. How can I change this?

If you chose the Self-Employed version by mistake, you can clear and start our return over. 

Keep in mind, though, that if your income was reported to you on 1099-MISC forms in Box 7, that would most likely mean you are Self-Employed, even if you think you do not have a business. The IRS would say your business consists of selling your services to another company.

Here's how to switch to a lower-priced version

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/4248526

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Anita01

If you chose the Self-Employed version by mistake, you can clear and start our return over. 

Keep in mind, though, that if your income was reported to you on 1099-MISC forms in Box 7, that would most likely mean you are Self-Employed, even if you think you do not have a business. The IRS would say your business consists of selling your services to another company.

Here's how to switch to a lower-priced version

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/4248526

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies