turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

bvei23

If I efile more that one federal tax return with my copy of TT, are there fees for the additional returns?

I believe a free federal efile is included in my TT CD, but are additional fees for more than one federal return?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

If I efile more that one federal tax return with my copy of TT, are there fees for the additional returns?

If you are using the CD or download version of 2017 TurboTax installed on your computer, you can prepare as many Federal returns as you need.  You can only efile up to 5, however.   There is no additional fee to efile the additional Federal returns up to 5.   If you have more than 5, however, you will have to file the additional ones by mail.   

Depending on what desktop product you have, it may also include a state program download.  If so, then you can prepare as many state returns as you need (of that one state.)   There is a 24.99 state efile fee for each state return that is efiled.  There is no state efile fee for New York state.   There is no fee if you choose to print, sign, and mail the state returns.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

If you are using the CD or download version of 2017 TurboTax installed on your computer, you can prepare as many Federal returns as you need.  You can only efile up to 5, however.   There is no additional fee to efile the additional Federal returns up to 5.   If you have more than 5, however, you will have to file the additional ones by mail.   

Depending on what desktop product you have, it may also include a state program download.  If so, then you can prepare as many state returns as you need (of that one state.)   There is a 24.99 state efile fee for each state return that is efiled.  There is no state efile fee for New York state.   There is no fee if you choose to print, sign, and mail the state returns.

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies