Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I believe my account number I entered is incorrect to receive my return. Would TurboTax have prompted me if it was incorrect?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

I believe my account number I entered is incorrect to receive my return. Would TurboTax have prompted me if it was incorrect?

There's no way TurboTax would know if the number you entered was correct or not.
♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

If you are speaking about your account number for your refund to be direct deposit or your payment to be directly debited, no TurboTax has no way of knowing if your account number is accurate.

If your account number is inaccurate and you are expecting a refund,

• If the banking information you originally entered was wrong, most likely the direct deposit will be rejected and it will be sent back to the IRS and they will in turn print and mail a check to the address listed on your return

If a significant amount of time has passed and your refund has still not been returned to the IRS, you can file Form 3911Taxpayer Statement Regarding Refund to request a trace on the refund with the IRS. This usually takes 90 days to complete.

https://www.irs.gov/help-resources/tools-faqs/faqs-for-individuals/frequently-asked-tax-questions-an...

If you entered an account number so that a direct debit for any tax due can be deducted from your bank account,
call the IRS e-file Payment Services right away at 1-888-353-4537. For problems with state tax payments, contact your state tax agency.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies