turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

If you are not getting refund in 2019 and didn't get one in 2018 how can you submit bank information for the stimulus payment?!? So far I've found zero options.

Every avenue I use puts me back to the option of filing my 2019 taxes, which not only am I not ready to do, even as I go through it never provides me an option to give direct deposit information for my bank since I OWE money.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
ColeenD3
Expert Alumni

If you are not getting refund in 2019 and didn't get one in 2018 how can you submit bank information for the stimulus payment?!? So far I've found zero options.

The IRS does not have my direct deposit information. What can I do?

In the coming weeks, Treasury plans to develop a web-based portal for individuals to provide their banking information to the IRS online, so that individuals can receive payments immediately as opposed to checks in the mail.

Please see this LINK.

@sethery181

The link I have already tried, it does not apply to my situation. It simply tries to force me to file my 2019 taxes which still gives me zero options to enter bank account information for deposits as I owe money. I also can not bypass by saying I  not filing taxes for 2019 as it then tries to force me to include my spouse who has already filed their 2019 taxes separately from me as we are not legally divorced yet. It tries to force me into the married category instead of allowing me to move forward as married filing separately.  Not to mention it then has me stating I'm not filing 2019 taxes which I very much am but not yet. 

KatrinaB48
Expert Alumni

The link provided in the answer above is to register for a stimulus payment if you are not normally required to file a tax return. The link that you need to give the IRS your bank information so that your stimulus check can be directly deposited into your account is not yet ready. Please view the paragraph titled "The IRS does not have my direct deposit information. What can I do?" in this IRS link for more information

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

here is an option:

1) complete your 2019 taxes NOW and efile it NOW

2) but set up the payment for auto debit (so that your bank information is keyed in) but set the payment date for July 15th 

the return will transmit now so the IRS has the banking information, but the money you owe won't occur until the July 15th deadline  

can we do this via Turbo Tax then since it screwed up on the bank info?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies