turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

franietu

I cannot find what the IRS thinks I should pay.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
ShawnaD

If you are getting a refund, you will see an amount in green on the left side of the screen along with the text "Federal Refund".

If you owe the IRS money, you will see an amount in gray on the left side of the screen along with the text "Federal Tax Due".

You can also click "My Account", then "Tools" and select "View Tax Summary". At the bottom of the screen, there will be a line for Refund and for Balance Due, you can view the amounts on either line to see if you owe or if you will receive a refund. (screenshots below)

View solution in original post

1 Reply
ShawnaD

If you are getting a refund, you will see an amount in green on the left side of the screen along with the text "Federal Refund".

If you owe the IRS money, you will see an amount in gray on the left side of the screen along with the text "Federal Tax Due".

You can also click "My Account", then "Tools" and select "View Tax Summary". At the bottom of the screen, there will be a line for Refund and for Balance Due, you can view the amounts on either line to see if you owe or if you will receive a refund. (screenshots below)

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies