turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

rog2015-

Can i receive the 371.00 back this year, because i reside on the Navajo Reservation?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies
IsabellaG
Expert Alumni

Can i receive the 371.00 back this year, because i reside on the Navajo Reservation?

If you are asking about state tax withholding, all three states that the Navajo Nation encompasses will not tax income to an individual if:

(1)the individual is an enrolled member of an Indian tribe,

(2) the individual lived on the reservation established for that tribe, and 

(3) all income was earned on that reservation.

If you respond with which state you are talking about, I could assist you further.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
rog2015-

i live in Pinon, Arizona
IsabellaG
Expert Alumni

When you prepare your AZ return, you'll see a screen "Any Income Adjustments?" Check the box "I am a Native American who earned wages while working and living on a reservation." and enter the amount of your wages that you are excluding.
marlindaw

I made my entries on my individual tax return for Arizona for the income earned on the Navajo reservation. I'm not sure why Turbo Tax is calculating that I am getting a refund anyway. Did i do something wrong? I assumed I wasn't getting a return from the state. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am trying to prepare my taxes.  I live and worked on the navajo nation and a tribal member. where do I find the "Any Income Adjustments? I don't see it. 

BillM223
Expert Alumni

Are you also in Arizona? Are you filing an Arizona resident return?

In the Arizona interview in TurboTax, early in the interview (still in the income section), there is the screen "Any Income Adjustments". If you don't see it, it may be that you are not filing an Arizona resident return. Also you have to have taxable wages for the exclusion to apply against.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies