turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

antir8

Florida File By Mail

I just submitted my return. It says that for Florida state I have to submit by file by mail. The download file on my profile doesn't give any instructions on how to send the return by mail. Am I supposed to submit it or will it be done through your system?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Florida File By Mail

There is nothing you need to mail to the state. Florida does not have a state income tax.

The Florida return is only for owners of Florida-located businesses and rental real estate; you should have chosen to skip the return since it is obviously inapplicable to your tax situation.

You will not be able to delete the Florida return since you registered your free version of TurboTax, but you can ignore it.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Florida File By Mail

There is nothing you need to mail to the state. Florida does not have a state income tax.

The Florida return is only for owners of Florida-located businesses and rental real estate; you should have chosen to skip the return since it is obviously inapplicable to your tax situation.

You will not be able to delete the Florida return since you registered your free version of TurboTax, but you can ignore it.

Florida File By Mail

If this is so, why does Turbotax let you continue to pay for FL state tax preparation? I paid $45 to file state taxes through Turbotax. I suppose it was a waste of money; this year and the last few consecutive years.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies