turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

freeburg

I lived in New Zealand on a work visa for 2 months of 2018 the rest of the time I lived in California. How do I claim that on the form when they ask where I lived?

Lived and worked in California January thru October. Then lived and worked in New Zealand November and December. Is there somewhere where I note that?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I lived in New Zealand on a work visa for 2 months of 2018 the rest of the time I lived in California. How do I claim that on the form when they ask where I lived?

If this is a temporary absence and you are returning to California, you do not need to note that you are working in New Zealand.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Did you go back to CA after working in New Zealand?
freeburg

I will be. Just working in New Zealand for their summer season, November thru March.
freeburg

I will be working in California again in June thru the rest of the year.

So this is a temporary absence, correct?
freeburg

Yes

If this is a temporary absence and you are returning to California, you do not need to note that you are working in New Zealand.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies