dkkyser1

If there’s no employer state Id # what do I put

If there is no amounts entered in box 16 and box 17, then leave the state employer ID blank.  If there is amounts entered in box 16 and box 17, then contact your employer for a corrected W-2.

mjl111

AnnetteB6

There is not an employer ID to use for Social Security benefits reported on SSA-1099.  

If you are seeing a box to enter the employer ID, then you are entering the Social Security in the wrong place.  

Use the following steps to go to the correct section of your return to enter information from Form SSA-1099:

• On the top row of the TurboTax online screen, click on Search (or for CD/downloaded TurboTax locate the search box in the upper right corner)
  • This opens a box where you can type in “social security income” (be sure to enter exactly as shown here) and click the magnifying glass (or for CD/downloaded TurboTax, click Find)
  • The search results will give you an option to “Jump to social security income
  • Click on the blue “Jump to social security income” link and enter your information

@mjl111