turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

At the end of my return I’m asked to review one item. It states that I cannot efile to to IRS regulations, as there are blank fields on my 1040. I’m on SS Disability. Filed last year no prob

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

At the end of my return I’m asked to review one item. It states that I cannot efile to to IRS regulations, as there are blank fields on my 1040. I’m on SS Disability. Filed last year no prob

If the only income being reported on the tax return is Social Security benefits then there is no taxable income on the tax return.  The IRS will not allow a tax return with no taxable income being reported to be e-filed.  It will have to be printed and mailed.  Additionally, if the Social Security benefits are your only income then there is no need to file at tax return.

If you still want to file the tax return electronically, although you do not need to file, add $1 of interest income to the tax return.  On the Form 1099-INT use any name for the payer and enter $1 in box 1.

Enter 1099-int in the Search box located in the upper right of the program screen.  Click on Jump to 1099-int

View solution in original post

1 Reply

If the only income being reported on the tax return is Social Security benefits then there is no taxable income on the tax return.  The IRS will not allow a tax return with no taxable income being reported to be e-filed.  It will have to be printed and mailed.  Additionally, if the Social Security benefits are your only income then there is no need to file at tax return.

If you still want to file the tax return electronically, although you do not need to file, add $1 of interest income to the tax return.  On the Form 1099-INT use any name for the payer and enter $1 in box 1.

Enter 1099-int in the Search box located in the upper right of the program screen.  Click on Jump to 1099-int

Manage cookies