Constantins

If one state filling is free, why I am charged $24.95 when filling? is it free or not?

melody-mcnay

Prep for one state is free, any additional state prep is an additional fee. Federal e-filing is free but e-filing anything in addition to that, including any state filing, is charged the additional fee. Basically the tax prep and the e-filing are separate line items.

melody-mcnay

bushdl30

I believe this is very misleading from TurboTax. I pay for the Home and Business edition and have used the product for about 19 years. This may be the last time I use TurboTax because of the way they added this fee.
kertime

me too
oconnellrobertp

me too.  like they didn't make enough from me.  greedy!
sweetyrog0929

I also will not be using turbo tax again..I selected the free adition like I have for many years.. an for some reason this year I am being charged 106 dollars.. mind you that I don't have in my account because I didn't receive my taxes yet because there were missing forms.. if im being charged for deluxe because I had extra forms.. then why did the IRS ask for those to be filled out after I had already completed my taxes.. Doesn't make sense!
tokapor2day12

I have used Turbo tax for years and the state was always free. I guess I read the box and assumed that the free state meant download and filing like all the previous years.  With the amount paid and the extra fees I could have paid someone else to do my taxes.  I won't be using Turbo tax again.  I noticed their commercials didn't mention that the state filing was no longer free  free free!
breefreetaxes

This is my last year using Turbo Tax, spent more on downloading and filing than I would have paid a preparer to do my taxes for me.
nealw319

i feel like turbo tax just pin a donkey tail on me.
christinesorenso

I am very UPSET that I am being charged $24.99 to e-file my one state return! This is misleading.