If my spouse filed our taxes, do I still need to file my taxes seperatley ?

I got married in 2023, my husband filed under married joint taxes. I don't know if I am supposed to file or that's all that needs to be done. I received an email from TurboTax stating to file my taxes, but my husband already filed so I don't know if I'm supposed to file or not.
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

If your 2023 tax return was filed as Married Filing Jointly, then you do Not file a separate tax return.

No you do  not file separately.  A Joint return is one return combined for the both of you.  Did he enter all your income and deductions, etc.  on the Joint return?  

I figured that was right, but I received an email from turbo tax stating to finish filing my taxes. It's the first time I'm seeing this and I don't want to get penalized for anything. 

rjs

When TurboTax sees an account that has not filed, it doesn't know that the person has filed jointly in another account. Just ignore the reminders from your old single account. But do make sure that your husband included your income and other information in the joint return that he filed.

Yes----sometimes newlyweds filing their first joint tax returns get confused and kind of mess it up.  Make sure that your spouse entered ALL of your income and his own income on that same tax return.   If the joint return was prepared correctly, you are done and have nothing else to file.  The joint return took care of both of you.   Your old account might be generating messages, but you can ignore those messages if you filed a joint return.  Going forward, you will file jointly with your spouse.  Keep a record of how to access your old account just in case you ever need to look at a past return you filed when you were single, but you will not file returns from that account any more.