turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

schrammrj

If my paper K-1 differs from the TurboTax calculated value by one dollar (rounding?), can I still e-file, or will this generate an error somewhere along the line?

I received a paper copy of a K-1 (Form 1065).  When I entered the numbers that appear on the K-1 into the TurboTax replica, the calculated value for "Ending capital account" differs from the printed form value by one dollar.  I suspect this may be a rounding issue (with the software that generated the K-1 form I received).  Will this create a problem when I file my return? Will it impact my ability to e-file?  Will it raise a flag and come back to bite me down the road in the form of an audit or require an amended return, etc.?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
NancyG

If my paper K-1 differs from the TurboTax calculated value by one dollar (rounding?), can I still e-file, or will this generate an error somewhere along the line?

The $1 rounding should not cause any problems.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
NancyG

The $1 rounding should not cause any problems.

schrammrj

Great- thanks for your help!
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies