Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
Your taxes, your way. Get expert help or do it yourself. >> Get started
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
krystleprince4

If my husband has a 1099 misc do I have to choose the self employment version or can I just use deluxe?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
MichaelMc

If my husband has a 1099 misc do I have to choose the self employment version or can I just use deluxe?

You can use TurboTax Online Deluxe (or Premier) if your business only claims standard vehicle mileage, phone expenses, and/or miscellaneous expenses up to $100.

TurboTax Self-Employed provides full support for Schedules C and C-EZ.

The Self-Employed version supports additional business expenses, including home offices and depreciation, and provides additional coaching to maximize your business-related deductions.

If you're still not sure which version you need for your Schedule C or C-EZ, you can start with Deluxe. We'll prompt you to upgrade to Self-Employed if we determine that your business situation requires additional product support.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
MichaelMc

You can use TurboTax Online Deluxe (or Premier) if your business only claims standard vehicle mileage, phone expenses, and/or miscellaneous expenses up to $100.

TurboTax Self-Employed provides full support for Schedules C and C-EZ.

The Self-Employed version supports additional business expenses, including home offices and depreciation, and provides additional coaching to maximize your business-related deductions.

If you're still not sure which version you need for your Schedule C or C-EZ, you can start with Deluxe. We'll prompt you to upgrade to Self-Employed if we determine that your business situation requires additional product support.

About Community

Learn about taxes, budgeting, saving, borrowing, reducing debt, investing, and planning for retirement.

3.48m
Members

2.6m
Discussions

Manage cookies
v