Rangerwife

If my husband didn't work and I am the injured spouse, how many exemptions do I put for him on the form?

Phillip1

The exemptions are to be divided as they would have been if you filed separate returns. 

The exemptions should go as follows:

• Allocate one exemption (your personal exemptions) to each of you.
  • Allocate exemptions for children of you both as you wish. You cannot divide a single exemption in half.
  • Allocate exemptions for children from other marriages to the respective parent.
Rangerwife

He has no income, therefore would not be filing a return. So he should still receive an exemption?
Phillip1

At least one for himself.
Rangerwife

Ok, thank you