Solved: If my fiance moved in with me at end of 2015 and stayed with me through July of 2016, can I claim him? he was unemployed that whole time and passed away July 5, 2016

carrd61

If my fiance moved in with me at end of 2015 and stayed with me through July of 2016, can I claim him? he was unemployed that whole time and passed away July 5, 2016

No you cannot claim him as a dependent on your 2016 tax return.  To claim a non-relative as a dependent under the Qualifying Relative rules they must live in your household for the entire year.