• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
smitjonathan

If my daughter was born in December 27 2018 and we have not received her social security number yet how do I go about filling her as a dependent

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Rachel_W
Level 4

If my daughter was born in December 27 2018 and we have not received her social security number yet how do I go about filling her as a dependent

Unfortunately, you will not be able to include your newborn daughter on your Tax Return until you receive her social security number.

You have two options in this situation:

1) You can file now, without her as a Dependent, and then Amend your Tax Return after you have her social security number.  If you choose this option, you can click here for instructions on Amending your tax return: How to Change a Tax Return You Already Filed.  

2) You can wait to file until you receive her social security number.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Rachel_W
Level 4

Unfortunately, you will not be able to include your newborn daughter on your Tax Return until you receive her social security number.

You have two options in this situation:

1) You can file now, without her as a Dependent, and then Amend your Tax Return after you have her social security number.  If you choose this option, you can click here for instructions on Amending your tax return: How to Change a Tax Return You Already Filed.  

2) You can wait to file until you receive her social security number.

View solution in original post

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings
v