Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
keykey64

If its free, why ask for credit card info

3 Replies
MichelleT
Level 2

It sounds like you must have added information onto a form that is not support by the Absolute Free program.

And when that happens you will be asked to upgrade the program to include the forms you need.

Below is the link to a useful chart of TurboTax products and the features for each product as well as the Tax Forms each program includes.

Scroll down to the middle of the page and click on Tax Forms, highlighted in blue.

https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/online/free-edition.jsp

Click on Tax Tools over to the left of the screen and then click Tools. When the box pops up, click My Fees and see if you have added any add-ons or upgraded.

If you have, that is where that fee is coming from. See below for reasons you'd be charged when using Free Edition. 

Why am I being charged for TurboTax Free Edition?

Free Edition is free as long as you file a 1040EZ (or 1040A with the standard deduction) and don't select any add-ons or upgrades.

Review your fees to find out why you're being charged. Then, follow the directions to remove any unwanted charge:

GEN12706

Answered by TurboTax FAQ to this question                    [edited 1.18.2018, 3:51pm]
koliabeag

Mine says $0 on everything and is still asking for credit card and will not proceed with out.

Ebony A
Intuit Alumni

Once you attempt to enter details that are not supported by the Free Edition, the system will prompt an upgrade to the most suitable version for your tax situation. The FAQ's below confirm the differences between each version.

Turbo Tax 2021 Online product guide

Turbo Tax 2021 CD/Download product guide

@koliabeag

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings
v