Solved: If I worked for Company A as a W-2 employee and it was sold to Company B where I now work as an independent contractor, does this work count as qualified business income?

If I worked for Company A as a W-2 employee and it was sold to Company B where I now work as an independent contractor, does this work count as qualified business income?

If you have received income and filed a Schedule C Self-employment income, then yes, the profit from your work as an independent contractor is Qualified Business Income.