Solved: If I worked for Company A as a W-2 employee and it was sold to Company B where I now work as an independent contractor, does this work count as qualified business income?

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest second stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If I worked for Company A as a W-2 employee and it was sold to Company B where I now work as an independent contractor, does this work count as qualified business income?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Level 2

If I worked for Company A as a W-2 employee and it was sold to Company B where I now work as an independent contractor, does this work count as qualified business income?

If you have received income and filed a Schedule C Self-employment income, then yes, the profit from your work as an independent contractor is Qualified Business Income.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Level 2

If you have received income and filed a Schedule C Self-employment income, then yes, the profit from your work as an independent contractor is Qualified Business Income.

View solution in original post

Dynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings