hoffmann621

If I used IRS Direct Pay before I e-filed my tax return do I still fill out payment method with same information again when e-filling?

I used IRS Direct Pay before e-filing. When I try e-filing it asks how I want to pay taxes. If I put in the checking account number and routing number like I did in the Direct Pay, is the IRS going to take out money twice?

AnthonyC

No, do not reenter the payment information.  They will charge you again.  You should choose the option that says "pay by check."  It will print up a voucher for you to send, but you can throw that in the trash since you paid already.  When the IRS processes your return, they will connect the payment already posted with your return.

AnthonyC