kayala92

If I took a non credited 6 month medical billing and coding course last year, but I DID NOT pay for it, would I have to use a form or something for filing my taxes?

IsabellaG

No, there's nothing  to report on your return. You can't claim any education credit or deduction.

If your employer paid for the course under an educational assistance program, you can exclude up to $5,250 of those benefits each year. This means your employer should not include the benefits with your wages, tips, and other compensation shown in box 1 of your Form W-2. 

So as long as this doesn't show up on your W-2, there's nothing for you to do.

IsabellaG