Solved: If I started a job in December 202 and got payed D...

lylijimenez

If I started a job in December 202 and got payed December 31, 2020 do I have to report?

Mike9241

if you're an employee you should have gotten a w-2 for 2020. if you're an independent contractor and were paid more than $600 you should have gotten 1099-NEC.   employee  - call your employer to get a copy of the W-2. independent contractor - you need to file schedule C if paid more than $400 and file a return.   

Mike9241

lylijimenez

Hello. Thank you for replying. The check I got 12/31/2020 was under $300 and I did not receive a W-2. 

fanfare

If you did not get a W-2 do nothing.

OR

you might ask your employer why not.

Sometimes they come too late and that is a problem for you.