Solved: If I started a job in December 202 and got payed D...

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lylijimenez

If I started a job in December 202 and got payed December 31, 2020 do I have to report?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Mike9241
Level 6

If I started a job in December 202 and got payed December 31, 2020 do I have to report?

if you're an employee you should have gotten a w-2 for 2020. if you're an independent contractor and were paid more than $600 you should have gotten 1099-NEC.   employee  - call your employer to get a copy of the W-2. independent contractor - you need to file schedule C if paid more than $400 and file a return.   

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Mike9241
Level 6

if you're an employee you should have gotten a w-2 for 2020. if you're an independent contractor and were paid more than $600 you should have gotten 1099-NEC.   employee  - call your employer to get a copy of the W-2. independent contractor - you need to file schedule C if paid more than $400 and file a return.   

View solution in original post

lylijimenez

Hello. Thank you for replying. The check I got 12/31/2020 was under $300 and I did not receive a W-2. 

fanfare
Level 15

If you did not get a W-2 do nothing.

OR

you might ask your employer why not.

Sometimes they come too late and that is a problem for you.

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings