lygers13

If I received a W-2 and a 1099-Misc and am not self-employed how should I report my 1099-Misc?

I am a full employee working on an annual contract in Kuwait.  The 1099-misc reports allowances I received such as; Housing, Per Diem, and Auto.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Here is some information to help answer your question

Information from Form 1099-MISC can be entered in 2 different locations, depending on your situation:

• Self-Employment - when the income relates to your normal job or something you do regularly. This income will end up on a Sch C, subject self-employment tax and expenses can be entered to reduce the taxable amount. 
  • Other Common Income - something you did only once - and not related to your normal job and don't plan on doing this type of work in the future. 

If the second example sounds like you - enter this information in Turbo Tax as follows: Go to Federal Taxes - then click on Wages & Income, next look for the section: Other Common Income, then click on Start to the right of "Form 1099-MISC."