Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

If I purchased Deluxe and I have a license code. Do I enter in service code so that I don't pay the entire $170 for the premium upgrade?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

If I purchased Deluxe and I have a license code. Do I enter in service code so that I don't pay the entire $170 for the premium upgrade?

Sorry...but the Desktop software (with the licence code) that you purchased...that is an entirely different software set than the "Online" Software you are using now....and payment fees are entirely separate too.

You were supposed to download that Desktop software and install it on your home full MAC or Windows computer, and complete your tax filing there instead....

What you can do instead of paying online, is to

1)  download the .tax2019 datafile from your online account into your home computer

2) start up the Desktop software there...update it..the start a dummy tax return to install the state you need....then

3) open that downloaded .tax2019 datafile and complete the filing from there.  (when there will be a $25 "E-filing" fee for filing any state, except for NY, unless you print and mail file the state part yourself)

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/choosing-a-product/help/how-do-i-switch-from-turbotax-online-to-th...

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies