terryleekeenet

If I pay my son's college tution, but i do not claim him as a dependant, can I somehow claim his tution? I paid for support, yet no one replies to these questions.

This is the first question you have posted to the forum about paying tuition, so not sure why you are saying no one answers the questions about it.   But---no---unless you are claiming your son as a dependent you cannot get an education credit on your tax return.   Only the person who can claim the student as a dependent can get the education credit.

Hal_Al

Only the person who can claim the student as a dependent (including the student himself if he is independent) can get the education credit.  But that person may count the money, paid by you, in calculating the credit for themselves. 

fanfare

this forum is not Customer Support.

Customer Support probably would not answer your question since they are not tax advisors.