Solved: If I paid 2105 in taxes why does it say I have to pay 1505? Meaning I'm o lu getting 600 back.

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest second stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If I paid 2105 in taxes why does it say I have to pay 1505? Meaning I'm o lu getting 600 back.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Level 12

If I paid 2105 in taxes why does it say I have to pay 1505? Meaning I'm o lu getting 600 back.

Yes, that's how taxes work.   You have tax withholding paid in for you, then you prepare your taxes and see how much tax you owe.  What you owe is deducted from the withholding and you get the remainder refunded. If you owe more than what was withheld, then you don't get a refund, you have to pay the additional taxes.
♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Level 12

Yes, that's how taxes work.   You have tax withholding paid in for you, then you prepare your taxes and see how much tax you owe.  What you owe is deducted from the withholding and you get the remainder refunded. If you owe more than what was withheld, then you don't get a refund, you have to pay the additional taxes.
♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

Dynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings