turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

If I own an LLC but also have a regular job, would Self-Employed be the best option, or would I need Business + Deluxe?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
ThomasM125
Employee Tax Expert

If I own an LLC but also have a regular job, would Self-Employed be the best option, or would I need Business + Deluxe?

If you are the only owner of the LLC, you can file your business income and expenses as a sole-proprietor on a schedule C by using the self-employed version of TurboTax. That way, you will not need a separate tax return to report your business income and expenses, you just file it on your personal tax return as a schedule C attachment.

If you have more than one owner, then you need to complete a partnership tax return form 1065, using the TurboTax "Business" product.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

1 Reply
ThomasM125
Employee Tax Expert

If you are the only owner of the LLC, you can file your business income and expenses as a sole-proprietor on a schedule C by using the self-employed version of TurboTax. That way, you will not need a separate tax return to report your business income and expenses, you just file it on your personal tax return as a schedule C attachment.

If you have more than one owner, then you need to complete a partnership tax return form 1065, using the TurboTax "Business" product.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies