eh1349

If i owe less than 3000 for back child support will my my federal tax get taken?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

You can  contact the IRS Treasury Offset Program Call Center at 1-800-304-3107 to ask if they have an offset for you on file. 

JulieH1

Whether your child support will be garnished or intercepted by the IRS will depend on if your State has notified the IRS of your delinquency yet.  It is not automatically done based on an amount you owe.  

You can check with your state agency that does child support to check your status, you can wait and see or you can try asking the IRS