Solved: If I’m Active Duty Military and my wife stays at home with the children , she doesn’t have a source of income . Can I claim her as one of my dependents ?

If I’m Active Duty Military and my wife stays at home with the children , she doesn’t have a source of income . Can I claim her as one of my dependents ?

A spouse can never be claimed as a dependent.  You would want to file your tax return as Married Filing Jointly even if one spouse has little or no income.  You receive the highest standard deduction of $12,700 and you each receive a personal exemption of $4,050