If I live and work in UK (US citizen) how do I document my payer ID on Turbotax (eg they don't have a federal ID).

You can enter your income as "foreign earned income."

To enter foreign earned income in TurboTax, please follow these steps:

1. Click on Federal > Wages & Income  [Personal > Personal Income in TT Home & Biz]
  2. In the Less Common Income section, click on the Start/Update box next to Foreign Earned Income and Exclusion. 
  3. On the screen Did You Make Any Money Outside the United States? Mark Yes and click Continue
  4. On the screen What Form(s) Was Foreign Income Reported On? Mark the selection that applies (probably "A statement from your employer" and click Continue.
  5. Continue through the screens, entering the requested information.
  6. TurboTax will tell you if you qualify for the Foreign earned income exclusion.