Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

timone3

If I have a single member LLC that received a 1099-INT, where do I report that on the tax return? On Schedule C? or on Form 1040 Line 8?

If I have a single member LLC that received a 1099-INT, where do I report that on the tax return?  On Schedule C? or on Form 1040 Line 8?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
IreneS
Intuit Alumni

If I have a single member LLC that received a 1099-INT, where do I report that on the tax return? On Schedule C? or on Form 1040 Line 8?

Since you are a sole proprietorship, report the interest from the 1099-INT on the personal side of the return--1040, line 8.

To enter the interest in TurboTax, please follow these steps:

1. Click on Federal Taxes > Wages & Income  [In TT Self-Employed:  Personal > Personal Income > I'll choose what I work on].
  2. Scroll down to the Interest and Dividends section and click on the Start/Revisit box next to Interest on 1099-INT [See Screenshot #1, below.]
  3. If you haven't already entered interest, continue through the screens, entering the requested information.
  4. If you have already entered interest, you will see a screen Here's the interest we have so far.  Click on the Edit box next to check entries you've already made.  OR click on the Add interest income link to make a new entry.  [Screenshot #2]
  5. You can choose to import your bank or brokerage statement or choose I'll type it in myself.
  6. Enter your interest on the next screen -- Let's get your 1099-INT or brokerage statement details. [Screenshot #3]

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies