aah412

If i have a offset for student loans and my return is greater then my offset will i receive the difference back once i file or will irs keep my full return?

AmyT

If your income tax refund is larger than any obligations that can be taken directly from it (student loans, etc.), you should receive the remainder of your refund.

Generally, when there is an offset to your refund, you will receive a letter from the IRS explaining that the funds will be applied to your student loans and telling you how much your refund will be after this adjustment.

AmyT