de_japan

If I got married in Sept 2020, will that affect my filing status for the entire year fo 2020?

If you were legally married as of 12/31/2020 and living together you can only file as Married Filing Jointly or Married Filing Separately on the 2020 tax return.

de_japan

I did not move to live with my husband until this year. I was living with my mother all of 2020. How does that affect my filing status? I got married Sept 2020

@de_japan wrote:

You still have to file as Married, either Jointly or Separately.  Are going to be claimed as a dependent by your mother on her 2020 tax return?